Construction activity for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project will occur very close to existing travel lanes. Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times when driving through a construction zone. Drivers are urged to use caution, stay alert and avoid distractions when traveling through work zones.
Click here to learn more about VDOT’s Work Zone Safety Program.
Your attention to safety matters!
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway.
- Allow ample space between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
- Avoid passing in the work zone.
- Please turn on your headlights. Workers and other motorists must see you.
- Do not speed in the work zone. The posted speed limit is there for everyone’s safety and is enforced.
- Expect the unexpected. Keep an eye out for workers and their equipment.
- Do not tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow instructions from flaggers. They are there to keep you safe.
- Be patient! Remember the construction crews and motorists all want to arrive home safely.