Construction of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project began in April 2018. Our goal is to minimize disruption to commuters as four lanes of traffic will be open during peak periods, with the exception of a portion of I-66 near Gainesville which will have three lanes during peak periods. Lane closures will take place in off-peak daytime and overnight hours. With day and night activity in the work zone, motorists should drive safely and stay alert at all times.
Throughout the project, you can find updated traffic information on Transform66.org and through our social media outlets.
To receive regular updates on construction news, please sign up for Transform 66 Project Updates
- Lifting of bridge beams at the I-66/Route 28 interchange
- Constructing bridge foundations at Compton Road, Route 28, Route 123 and I-495
- Small charge dynamite operations along I-66 West in Centreville west of Route 28
- Bridge deck work for new Bull Run Drive overpass, collector-distributor road over Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) and new Route 28 bridge over I-66
- Relocating waterlines at Northborne Drive and Jermantown Road
- Constructing new utility duct bank and relocating underground utilities along I-66 East between Jermantown Road and Cedar Lane
- Constructing retaining walls along I-66 and Route 28
- Corridor-wide roadway maintenance as needed