Significant upcoming traffic impacts include:
- Overnight closure of the ramps from I-66 East to Route 28 North (May 10 – June 14), I-66 West to Route 28 North (May 28), I-66 East to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) (May 26), Route 234 Business to I-66 East (May 27 – May 29),and Route 29 (Lee Highway) in Centreville to I-66 East (May 27 – May 29)
- The right lane on the ramp from I-66 East to I-495 North remains closed for bridge pier construction
- The left lane on I-66 West remains closed from Route 234 Business to Route 29 Gainesville for an extended paving operation
- Detours remain in place following the permanent closure of the two left-turn lanes from Route 28 North to Braddock Road, and the spur ramp from I-66 West to Braddock Road. Traffic on Route 28 North will be temporarily directed farther north to Westfields Boulevard to access Braddock Road.
Current activities include:
- Bridge demolition at Cedar Lane.
- Paving on I-66 West in Prince William County, and on Route 28 North and South in Centreville
- Constructing bridge foundations at Route 29, Route 28, Route 50, Waples Mill Road, Jermantown Road, Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road), Vaden Drive, and I-495
- Small charge dynamite operations along Route 28, I-66 East and West near Route 28, and I-66 West near Route 234 Business
- Bridge deck work for expanded bridge over Compton Road, Cub Run, new Route 28 bridges over I-66, and new Poplar Tree Road bridge over Route 28
- Relocating water lines at Cedar Lane and Gallows Road
- Relocating underground utilities along I-66 East and West
- Constructing retaining walls along I-66 and Route 28
Corridor-wide roadway maintenance as needed