Significant Upcoming Traffic Impacts
- During the overnight hours of September 13-16, continued bridge beam installation at the I-66/I-495 interchange will require stoppages on I-495 South and I-66 West, and closures of the ramps from I-495 South to I-66 West, from I-66 West to I-495 South, from the 495 South Express Lanes to I-66 West and from I-66 East to the 495 South Express Lanes.
- During the overnight hours of September 19-25, Stringfellow Road at I-66 will be reduced to one travel lane in each direction. On the nights of September 19 and 20, two-way traffic will alternate running in the northbound or southbound lanes based on construction progress.
- During the overnight hours of September 21-22, Braddock Road and Walney Road between Newton Patent Drive and Cabells Mill Drive, and the ramps from I-66 West and Route 28 North to Braddock Road/Walney Road will be closed.
- Overnight ramp closures are planned at the following I-66 interchanges: I-495, 495 Express Lanes, Nutley Street, Route 50, Monument Drive, Route 286, Stringfellow Road, Route 28, and Route 29 (Lee Highway) Centreville.
Current Construction Activities
- Bridge beam installation for new flyover ramp at I-66/I-495 Interchange
- Traffic shifts to permanent general purpose lanes on I-66 East and West in Fairfax County
- Small charge blasting at the Route 28 Interchange
- Paving on I-66 East and West in Prince William County, Centreville, Oakton, and Vienna
- Constructing bridge foundations at Route 28, Waples Mill Road, Jermantown Road, and I-495
- Bridge deck work for expanded bridges over University Boulevard, Compton Road, Cub Run, and Bull Run
- Bridge deck work for new bridges at Route 50, Jermantown Road, Gallows Road, and I-66 bridges over I-495
- Relocating underground utilities along I-66 East and West
- Earthwork and drainage along I-66 East and West
- Constructing retaining walls and noise walls along I-66 and Route 28
- Corridor-wide roadway maintenance as needed