The Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project will host two Construction Update Virtual Meetings October 28 and October 29. Visit outside.transform66.org/events for additional details.
Significant upcoming traffic impacts include:
- Beginning on/about Wednesday, October 21, the current ramp from I-66 West to Route 28 North will permanently close. Drivers will access Route 28 North via a new exit ramp slightly east of the entrance to the old exit ramp. Drivers traveling to Route 28 South will continue in the right most through lane, past the new northbound exit to the current exit ramp from I-66 West to Route 28 South.
- During overnight hours the nights of October 23 – 25, I-66 West over I-495 will be closed for overhead bridge work.
- During overnight hours the nights of October 23-24, the ramp from Route 50 East to I-66 East will be closed for overhead bridge work
- There will be overnight closures of the ramp from I-66 West to Nutley Street (October 18-23), Route 29 Centreville to I-66 West (October 20-21), I-495 North Express Lanes to I-66 West (October 21-22), and I-66 East to Prince William Parkway South (October 23-24)
Current activities include:
- Paving on I-66 East and West in Prince William County and Centreville, and on I-66 East and West in Vienna
- Constructing bridge foundations at Route 28, Stringfellow Road, Route 50, Jermantown Road, Route 123, and I-495
- Small charge dynamite operations along Braddock Road, and I-66 East and West near Route 28 and near Groveton Road in Manassas
- Bridge deck work for expanded bridges over Compton Road, Cub Run, Bull Run, Route 29 Centreville,
- Bridge deck work for new bridges at Braddock Road/Walney Road over Route 28, and Waples Mill Road, Route 123, Vaden Drive, Cedar Lane and Gallows Road and I-495 bridges over I-66
- Relocating underground utilities along I-66 East and West
- Earthwork and drainage along I-66 East and West and Route 29
- Constructing retaining walls along I-66 and Route 28
Corridor-wide roadway maintenance as needed